If you are buying or selling a property over a year old in Western Australia, you may need to have what is known as a “Retrospective Approval”. This is when the property is inspected to ensure that any prior additions comply with the building code. There may be times when the original plans, permits and inspections cannot be found and for your own peace of mind, you want to make certain there is no possibility of structural failure. Compliance is a major issue for homes that are going to be bought or sold. Any unapproved structures can hold up the settlement process indefinitely until rectified.
Resicert will have one of our professionally certified inspectors come to the building and perform a two stage process:
- Perform site inspection
- Review any existing documents
- Take detailed photos of the building/s
- Draw sketches using accurate dimensions
- Determine the proper documents needed for submission to the council
- Provide written estimate for the second stage
- Draft detailed drawings
- Identify any compliance issues
- Recommend any work needed to rectify any problems
- Issue a “Certified Engineering Structural Report”
- Issue “Building Compliance Certificate”
- Prepare any documents required for submission to council
All of our reports are clear and easy to read and are available within 48 hours. You will also receive a complete verbal report before the inspector leaves.
We have 4 different levels of inspections available. All of those cover:
- Structural Components
- Interior & Exterior
- External Structures
- Moisture Testing and Plumbing
The price depends on some factors. To provide a quote we need to know something more about your house. Use the form on this page, and tell us a little bit more about the property.
Our Victoria Team
Great service, very descriptive report. Great follow up phone call.
Was very impressed with the quick response to our request. The professionalism shown in the report was appreciated.Thanks Jason.
Very professional with speedy results, very easy to deal with and would be happy to use again.
Fast acting, great communication.
Don’t Expect, Inspect!
Brilliant Inspections, Best Reports, Fast!
- 100% money back satisfaction guarantee.
- Constant communication through all steps of the inspection service.
- Fast response and turn around times within 48 hours.
- Digital report (with photos) which fully complies with Australian Standards AS 4349.1-2007.
- Clear and easy to understand report.
- More than 20 years experience in property.
- Ongoing support for any future queries.
- Customer Satisfaction is our number one concern
- ISO 9001 quality certified
- Fully Insured – $1 Million in coverage