If you are buying or selling a property over a year old in Western Australia, you may need to have what is known as a ‘Retrospective Approval’.
What is a Retrospective Approval
A Retrospective Approval is needed to gain the necessary approval for any unauthorised structures that were built without the knowledge or approval of the local council. These Unauthorised improvements or additions are often completed by the owners to enhance the property amenity and value.
What you get from us: Certainty!
- Assessment that your structure will be approved or not
- All of the things that you need to get council approval
- A fixed price for this
You will know at the end of our process if it can be approved and what it will cost you.
We do NOT put forward to council anything that won’t be approved. This has never happened in the past and we don’t see it happening in the future. We will advise you of what amendments need to be made at the completion and review of the initial inspection.
Why get a Retrospective Approval?
It is usually when listing a property for sale or a concern is raised by neighbours or the council that these Unapproved Works cause problems.
Undoubtedly you will understand the importance of resolving any future issues with the council, your neighbours and potential sale objections. Especially when selling a property during more challenging markets it’s imperative to be able to get the full value from your property & build value up rather than negotiate down. Uniquely, with our experienced and expert retrospective planning service we can help those who may be facing value write downs because of unauthorised structures. You might be familiar or surprised with how often this happens and just how many properties have unauthorised structures. Most often these are patios, shed, verandahs, retaining walls or small extensions.
The Solution: Easy Retrospective Approvals
We are helping people solve problems, add value and make more money. And we want to help. As a market leading team including Building Surveyors, Structural Engineers, Property Inspectors, Draftspersons, Energy Efficiency Assessors and Building Designer, Resicert have a streamlined 2 Stage Retrospective Approval process to make this fast, easy and affordable. With initial inspections from just $547 and total packages from under $2900, our strategy will improve your opportunities.
The Retrospective Approval Team
- Building Surveyor
- Structural Engineer
- Property Inspector
- Building Designer
- Energy Efficiency Assessor
- Bushfire Attack Level Assessor
Benefits of Retrospective Approvals
- Professional, Fast and Easy Approvals
- Simplify the sale process for everyone
- Achieve a higher value sale for the Owner
- Streamline valuation & finance for the Buyer
- Improve Settlement timeframe
- Peace of mind. ISO 9001 accredited organisation with over 30,000 property inspection nationally
Or let’s start with a chat where I can explain how we might be able to help. Simply call me on 08 9468 0076 or email at email@example.com with information about your situation.
Resicert have a streamlined 2 Stage Retrospective Approval process this includes;
Stage 1 – Site Inspection & Feasibility – Cost varies, approx $547 (based on Class 10 structure e.g. patio)
During this first stage we check the structural adequacy, building and planning compliance, and any other issues which may impact on obtaining the required approvals. Including identifying if any remedial work is required before a structure can be certified. We also obtain enough information in order to be able to provide you with an accurate quote on preparation of the required documentation.
Stage 2 – Prepare Retrospective Approval – Cost varies, approx $2300 (based on full service for Class 10 structure e.g. patio)
Resicert prepare Retrospective Approval documentation for submitting to the council for approval. This typically includes As Built Drawings, Structural Engineers Report and a Certificate of Building Compliance, in some circumstances an Energy Efficiency Report and Bushfire Attack Level Assessment may also be
Once your booking & payment is received we will be in contact normally within 1 business day to arrange details and a time for your inspections usually take place within 1 week.
If you choose to accept the Stage 2 quote we provide at the end of the inspection. It is estimated that it will take approximately 2-3 weeks to complete the Retrospective Approval documentation ready for submission to council. We will issue you all documentation digitally to you via email. You will need to print 2 copies for submission to council.
- Someone will need to be available to meet the inspector, the more knowledgeable about the structure the better.
- The Inspector will need good and safe access to the structures and surrounding areas.
- Have ready all drawings, approvals & records you have for structures on the property.
- The inspector will need to be able to take photos of the structures needing approval and the
Resicert currently only provide Retrospective Approvals in Western Australia. Most of our clients are in the Perth Metro Area. If you live outside of the Perth Metro area, please call me on 08 9468 0076 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, so I can see how best we can assist you.
Our Western Australia Team
Great service, very descriptive report. Great follow up phone call.
Was very impressed with the quick response to our request. The professionalism shown in the report was appreciated.Thanks Jason.
Very professional with speedy results, very easy to deal with and would be happy to use again.
Fast acting, great communication.
Don’t Expect, Inspect!
Brilliant Inspections, Best Reports, Fast!
- 100% money back satisfaction guarantee.
- Constant communication through all steps of the inspection service.
- Fast response and turn around times within 48 hours.
- Digital report (with photos) which fully complies with Australian Standards AS 4349.1-2007.
- Clear and easy to understand report.
- More than 20 years experience in property.
- Ongoing support for any future queries.
- Customer Satisfaction is our number one concern
- ISO 9001 quality certified
- Fully Insured – $1 Million in coverage